- Prefinished composite Door Frame Systems in multiple colors that are ready-to-install and rot-free
- Dura-Plast FX is built on the full composite door frame system Dura-Plast, laminated with the highest performance exterior film on the market, making Dura-Plast FX worry-free, with a finish that will last for decades to come.
Resistant to Heat Buildup
Dura-Plast FX™ Beauty Built to Last
Transparent PVDF Layer
- The first layer of the FX film is polyvinylidene fluoride (PVDF)
- PVDF is a very durable, transparent layer to protect the underlying PMMA acrylic layers. It is resistant to dirt, solvents, acids, and hydrocarbons making it very easy to maintain and clean. It absorbs no moisture and is highly resistant to heat exposure.
- Dent resistant
- Resistant to heat
- UV Stable
Transparent PMMA Layer
- The second layer of the FX film is a transparent PMMA acrylic
- The transparent PMMA acrylic layer is a UV protective layer, and does not allow the UV rays to penetrate the solid color PMMA layer, which eliminates color-fading and maintains beautiful finish
- Maintains a beautiful finish for years to come
Solid-Color PMMA Layer
- The third and base layer of the FX film is a solid color PMMA acrylic
- The solid color PMMA layer contains pigments that reflect the sun's infrared rays and eliminates heat buildup in even the darkest colors
- Resists heat buildup of the film and substrate
- Dura-Plast™ is made of a proprietary formulated composite that is designed to be the best performing, no-compromise composite door frame system on the market.
- The composite formula is made of high-performance PVC and wood flour, which gives the composite frame much more rigidity and resistance to warping than other composite door frames.
- Prevents warping, rotting, and splitting
- Resistance to color-fading
- Easily machined, just like wood components
Commonly Asked Questions
Are door frame components able to be customized to customer specifications?
Yes; widths, profiles, and lengths of door frame components can be customized to meet customer specifications.
What are the widths of door frame components that G-M Wood Products offers?
G-M Wood Products manufactures door frames up to 12 inches in width.
What are the overall lengths for door frame components that G-M Wood Products offers?
G-M Wood Products manufactures standard sizes including:
As well as custom specifications up to 17/0 in length.
What is the typical lead time?
For most products, we ship with a standard 2-week lead time.